RowanVirtua School of Osteopathic Medicine
Seven Year BS/DO Program
Please Note: Applicants to the joint BS/DO program must have applied to Rutgers University-Camden before completing the BS/DO supplemental application.
for information and an electronic admissions application to Rutgers University-Camden
How it Works
| Who is Qualified
| Application Checklist
| Selection Process
In addition to the information provided in the university application, candidates interested in this program will need to provide the following items directly to the BS/DO committee via the online supplemental application. A link to this application will go live on this website on November 1, 2023.
How It Works
Students accepted to the joint BS/DO program will complete a three year curriculum toward a BS degree in Biology at Rutgers University-Camden. In the summer between sophomore and junior years at Rutgers-Camden, BS/DO students apply to the RowanVirtua School of Osteopathic Medicine. If accepted to the medical school, BS/DO students will complete their third year at Rutgers University-Camden and matriculate to the medical school the following year to complete the traditional four year medical school curriculum at RowanVirtua School of Osteopathic Medicine in Stratford, NJ.
Who is Qualified
BACK TO TOP
- The Program is open to high school graduates applying as first year students. This program is open to first year, first semester students only. This program is not open to transfer students.
- Students must have applied to Rutgers-Camden before submitting their secondary application for the BS/DO joint program.
- SAT – 1400 minimum Score Required OR ACT – 31 Minimum score.
- There are no restrictions on state of residency, but admission is limited to citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- All applicants to the joint program must provide proof of high school graduation.
- The high school grade point average, if applicable, rank-in class, along with letters of recommendation (2) from teachers/professors will be of primary importance in evaluating an applicant’s credentials.
Supplemental Application Checklist
- Two letters of recommendation from either high school teachers or counselor. One of which must be from a science (physical or life) teacher. Both letters should focused on the student’s interest and potential for osteopathic medical study. While other letters from doctors or health professionals can be submitted, they will not be accepted in place of the high school teacher/counselor letters.
(Note**If your teacher/counselor would like to send your letter of recommendation directly to the committee, they can email the letter to email@example.com)
- Essay – no more than 500 words as to why you are interested in this program and why you would like to be a doctor of osteopathic medicine.
- Copy of your score report for the SAT and/or ACT.
- Unofficial copy of high school transcript
Applicants will not be considered, until all required materials are received by the committee.
The application cycle for 2023/2024 will open November 1, 2023.
for the 2023/2024 cycle is January 15, 2024 @ 11:59pm
If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
BACK TO TOP
- Application – The supplemental application is open to students until January 15, 2024 @ 11:59pm, at which time the selection committee will begin to review applications received and contact students who meet the criteria for interviews.
- First Round Interview – Interviews, for those candidates selected to interview, will be scheduled with the Rutgers-Camden committee for late January or February. Candidates will have the option to scheduled their interview in-person or virtual.
- Second Round Interview – A select number of candidates who interview with the Rutgers-Camden committee will be recommended to RowanVirtuaSOM for an interview with their admissions team. These interviews typically occur in mid to late March.
- Decision Notification – Final acceptance decisions are made and notification is sent by RowanVirtuaSOM Admissions Office in late March or early April of 2023.