Spring 2023 Career Center Events & Programs
Career Fairs | Connecting with Employers | Workshops and Events | Additional Resources
New Nurse Virtual Career Fair
May 11, 2023 • 10:00am - 1:00pm EDT
Virtual on Handshake
Sign up today to meet with recruiters from AtlaniCare, CHOP, ChristianaCare, Cooper Health Care, Jefferson Health, NJ Department of Health, and Penn Medicine!
This is a great event to make connections and land a nursing job!
You can join one-on-one meetings or group sessions and learn about all the open opportunities for Nurses.
Once you register be sure to set up your schedule.
New Nurse Recruitment Virtual Fair Spring 2023
Virtual Career Fair Description
This event will be held on Handshake
Meet recruiters from area healthcare organizations to learn about full-time/part-time/per-diem job opportunities and residency programs at this exclusive event for Rutgers-Camden nursing students and recent grads. Each organization will be have one-on-one 10 minute time slots as well as 30 minute group sessions for you to join.
Participants should dress professionally, test their internet connections, have a quiet space to work from, and UPLOAD THEIR RESUMES TO HANDSHAKE PRIOR TO THE FAIR!
Advance registration is requested so you can set up your schedule for the day of the fair.
For Questions and Resume Reviews:
Contact the Career Center, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 856.225.6046.
- Registration opens on Tuesday, April 24th
- Open only to Rutgers University Nursing students & alumni
Through the Handshake Virtual Fairs platform, you will be able to:
- Use video, audio, and text chat to connect with employers
- Schedule appointments with employers of interest, either before the fair or during the event
- Attend group presentations
- Share your profile and resume
- Research employers and track your favorites
Nurse Job Search Resources
- Create a resume. Download the Career Center's Resume and Cover Letter Guide for best practices and look at samples
- Review basic guidelines
- Get your resume and/or cover letter critiqued by emailing it to email@example.com or dropping it off at the Career Center in the lower level of the Campus Center
- View these examples:
Job and Externship Searching
- Externship: Here is a list of externship opportunities: https://bit.ly/2NletFa
- Job Searching:
- Handshake- the job and internship/externship posting system for Rutgers University-Camden
- New Jersey Collaborating Center (NJCCN)- website for new nurse graduates
- Research the profession through the Career Insider Online Library
- Practice through InterviewStream
- Review the Career Center's tips for a successful interview
- NSNA (National Student Nurses' Association)
- SNA - Rutgers-Camden Chapter
- American Nurses Association
- New Jersey State Nurses Association
- From Christiana Care: FAQ Licensure and NCLEX Info FAQ sheet